Both the weather, and me after my sessions with the horses today.
I lunged Remy again, he was a good boy, responding well into the transitions. The walk/ trot transitions were good today and he maintained the trot better, and on a couple of occasions started to relax and stretch over his neck for a few strides.
I rode Anky in the school. We worked at walk, moving around the school using circles, serpentines, loops off the track, trying to get her relaxed and soft. I did as little as possible with the rens, just trying to keep her neck fairly straight with slight flexion to the inside, concentrating on moving her shoulders and soft to my inside leg. I've said before that she can't move in a straight line and it's true, we've lots of work to do. Having said that, she was very attentive and not at all spooky.
I've been painting the stables the last couple of days, I'm halfway through thejob, it's so hot I've only managed one per day.
3 comments:
I should at least have pressure washed mine by now, how do you get rid of the grease before painting...that's the bit I hate.
I don't, I just paint over, seems to work. We have some very good industrial paint though that Jim insisted on bringing from the UK - I'm glad he did.
Trudi - I just paint over everything too. I use masonary paint on the inside. Just cheapo B&Q works well! My problems are the outside as some 'berk' painted the stables yellow GLOSS many years ago. For the life of me can't get it all off so just have to keep painting over it and hoping the whole lot doesn't peel off! Happy painting All!
Post a Comment