Saturday, 4 July 2009

Up, up and Away..........

Second day of lungeing Anky today. Yesterday she was quite lethargic, today she was totally on her toes. When I went to bring them in this morning they were snorting in the corner of our top field. As I looked down towards the bottom field I saw a hot air balloon and I could hear them firing it up!!
The horses all thought it was the biggest most frightening monster they'd ever seen.
They wouldn't come up to the gate so I walked half way down and Corky came up to meet me. She wasn't so worried she was going to miss out on breakfast! As I brought Corky in, Anky legged it back down so that she could keep an eye on the monster.
They all came in fine eventually, but were still a bit edgy in the stable.

Told you it was frightening!!
No, really, it wasn't Darth Vader!!!!

An hour later when I wanted to lunge Anky, she was still on the lookout for the balloon and was distracted and on her toes in the school. Having said that she looked ok and I haven't seen her stretching ( of course she could have been stretching and I haven't seen her) since her massage on Thursday.

After lungeing I did the stretching exercises and she was a lot more willing and relaxed today.
I wanted to lead Remy out, but thought I'd give it a miss as he was VERY frightened of the monster and kept looking out of his window to see if he was safe!!!

I've got a couple of dvd's and books on massage and also Lucinda (masseuse) took me through a basic relaxation routine so this afternoon before they went back out in the field I gave Anky a massage. I think she enjoyed it.

6 comments:

Claire said...

good lord, no wonder they were terrified! darth vader himself wouldn't be as scary as the hot air balloon version!

i bought an equilibrium massage pad, on recommendation of horse physio, and molly love it...

Di said...

Thanks Claire, I'll have a look at it.

trudi said...

I love a massage, apparently human females can stand a much *firmer* massage than our male counterparts, wonder if that holds true for horses? Moo LOVES his massage, although the strapping took some time for him get accustomed to!!!

Di said...

Hee hee, Anky's a lady, she's not into strappings, bondage or anything else, thank-you!!! ;-)

Claire said...

shall i fetch that as well? partner doesn't know i've got it but i'm sure i can sneak it in! whether we'll have room for our clothes is another matter, LOL

trudi said...

You're funny Claire :-) You could give us a demo on the saturday!!