I did some groundwork with Remy this morning and he was calm and attentive. It was a short session but successful. We worked on walk halt transitions, me leading with a loose rein and then asking for halt and me moving to his shoulder and asking for walk on from this position. He kept the halt as I moved to his shoulder and walked off nicely on command. No confusion, no backing up as I moved over to his shoulder as he was doing before. When I asked for the backing he did it in a relaxed manner and from a very light signal.
As I finished the session the sun was trying to fight its way through the clouds so I took off all their rugs, gave them all a grooming ( they're starting to lose their winter coats) and put them out naked!. They were happy bunnies and went galloping off to the bottom field ( not our top winter field, which is very dry, but our wettest field with the stream) and I swear I saw an evil glint in Corkys eye. Well, anyone who's had horses will know what happened next.........
Bev called over for the afternoon and we had a good laugh and a good chat. Thanks mate.
4 comments:
Some happy (and dirty?) horses I guess. I get happy watching them. Letting them out without rugs is like letting the prisoners loose!
mine do that every day Di, I'll let you brush it off tomorrow hehe!
Glad Bev cheered you up.
Mine aren't rugged at all so are permanemtly muddy in winter (white is not the best colour really), but horses LIKE to be muddy!!
Hehe, I agree with you all, they were happy as larry!!!
Post a Comment